Monday, April 15, 2013

Covering The Patriot's Day Terror Bombing In Boston

It was mid-afternoon on Monday April 15 when I was watching coverage of the Jodi Arias murder trial and I was also on my PC with one window open to Twitter, the other Facebook.

While looking at Facebook all of a sudden several tweets were indicated in the Twitter window and when I flipped over the breaking tweets of the terrorist bombing in Boston were starting.

I immediately started a posting on Facebook and flipped the TV channel to MSNBC which was just starting the breaking news coverage. Kicked into journalist drive more for those who follow me on FB and who may not have access to a TV or radio I started relaying from various news sources tweets which appeared and what I was watching on TV into the posting.

This I did for several hours before finally signing off with a -30-.

Doing this type of "reporting" once again brought me back into the newsroom devoid of feelings of what I was watching and reading with one mission only, to bring information to those who may be unaware or not having access to the mass media coverage of this horrific event.

So much easier was my "job" of reporting some three hours away from Boston than those who were on scene dealing with the carnage, chaos and the uncertainty of what might happen next.

To them I say thank you for your on spot reporting. To those devastated by the cowardly act, condolences and prayers for those lost and injured. To the heroes, words cannot express enough. To Boston we stand with you as you have with other parts of the US in times of great turmoil and tragedy.

To the world this Country once again stands UNITED as one and will never be brought to our knees.